- All Resources
- Loans & Credit
- How do I clear my credit history?
- You have got a directly to have inaccurate info on your credit history corrected totally free
Am I able to have errors corrected during my credit history?
Yes. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) states that you’ve got the directly to get yourself a modification on your credit file for almost any inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, unimportant or information that is misleading. This can be done totally free.
How do I discover what is in my own credit history?
Credit reporting bodies produce and hold credit file. Credit reporting bodies add: Equifax (previously Veda Advantage), Dun & Bradstreet and Experian Credit Services Australia.
You will find range how to discover what is in your credit history. The right is had by you:
- To have a copy that is free of credit file. a credit scoring human body cannot fee with this, in the previous 12 months unless you obtained a copy of your credit report from them;
- To have a copy that is free of credit file within 3 months of experiencing a credit card applicatoin for credit refused;
- The reason for a loan refusal to be informed by a credit provider.
Exactly exactly What regulations apply?
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) put down the legislation in terms of information held in regards to you on your own credit file. Read more